make-alpha

Re: [patch] reversing dependency order

From: DJ Delorie
Subject: Re: [patch] reversing dependency order
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:10:39 -0500

> I guess my only concern with this is that there's a performance and
> memory penalty to pay with the current implementation.

I tried to do it the fast way, but if you actually reverse the order,
it messes up $< and other variables.  I'd be happy with a solution
that moved all the performance penalties to the option invocation
(i.e. fast without the option given, slow with it).  This option is
strictly for debugging Makefiles.

Does this mean that, if we work out the issues, this option would be
accepted?