make-alpha

Re: secondary expansion changes

From: Boris Kolpackov
Subject: Re: secondary expansion changes
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:12:12 +0200

Hi Paul,

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 17:22 +0200, Boris Kolpackov wrote:

> Now everything appears to work properly. I only see a minor speedup
> on my build system: 12.20s vs 12.60s for an up-to-date check and
> 73.25s vs 74.50s for a rebuild.

Ok, I think I am done with the performance improvements. Via a
combination of make tweaks and my build system optimizations I
managed to get the up-to-date time to about 4.3 seconds which is
acceptable to me. For comparison, the same takes 11.20 seconds
with 3.81.

I have also fixed all the bugs that I planned to look at for this
release. So I am good for the RC.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools  http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog