make-alpha

Re: Guile support in GNU make

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Guile support in GNU make
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:32:06 -0500

On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 23:17 +0400, Kirill Smelkov wrote:
> from Debian testing, and I don't see the problem for test from the
> make.info example - it works ok:
>
>       define GUILEIO
>       (define (mkclose)
>         (close-port MKPORT)
>         #f)
>
>       #f
>       endef
>
> Is it that (define ...) or maybe I've misunderstood something?

It's because of the final "#f" in the define GUILEIO.  That means that
the final result of passing that content to Guile is #f, rather than the
result of evaluating the final (define ...).

If you remove that trailing "#f", or use one of the other examples we've
bandied about, you'll see the same behavior (with the older version,
before I fixed it).

Cheers!