Clock skew detected

From: gk
Subject: Clock skew detected
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 16:21:51 -0800

Paul D. Smith directed me to this list with my question, and his reply below.

I am getting this error message concerning a file, 'XMakefile.mko', which is auto-generated by my makefile:

make[1]: Warning: File `/home/greg/xmake/test/XMakeSubProject1/XMakeSubProject2/XMakefile.mko' has modification time 1.1 s in the future
make[1]: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

After deleting the file, the same message happens again.

I am running on the latest Cygwin with Windows 2000:
* Red Hat Cygwin: cygwin1.dll version 1.3.22
        + GNU bash, version 2.05.8(1)-release

I compiled Gnu Make 3.80 from source, with patches applied for bugs 1516 and 1517. This version of Gnu Make has worked fine for months on my linux box; never saw this error before.

------------- Paul's reply: