Re: gnumake 3.80

From: Ross Woody
Subject: Re: gnumake 3.80
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:45:58 -0800

I wound up using gnumake 3.79.1, which I was able to compile. Thank you!

Earnie Boyd wrote:

So your current problem is in trying to apply the patch? Do you have a utility named ``patch''? Perhaps you need to look at http://www.mingw.org/msys.shtml?

Earnie.

Ross Woody wrote:

Hi

I'm having difficulties in building gnumake.exe on a Windows 2000 P4 SP3. Paul Smith pointed me at this email address, and I hope that you can help.

I'm doing this as a pre-req for an Oracle Apps install.

I have Visual Studio 6, SP5
MKS Toolkit 7.5
I've down loaded the TAR and GUNZIP tools, and have successfully uncompressed and untarred the files.

I found the bug 1687 which mentioned that hash.c is never compiled, and hash.obj doesn't "participate". hash.obj wasn't in the folder.

I downloaded the patch, but I'm not sure what to do with the text. Where does it go? Which file(s) should be modified?

I tried using the NMakefile and it fails.

I'm trying to use the build_W32.bat file to create the executable. It fails.

--
Ross Woody