Gnumake on xp professional

From: Viswanatha, Prasad
Subject: Gnumake on xp professional
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:39:32 -0400

I tried to install gnu make 3.79.1 So many times and it errored all times. Can you please let me know how to install gnu make on xp professional with service pack 1. I have installed VC++ 6.0 with service pack 5 and mks toolkit 8.1. when I run the build_w32.bat it fails with error message build failed and I see gnumake.pch file created under winrel directory. I will appreciate if you let me know how to install gnu make on a xp machine successfully.

Thanks,
Prasad

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you
think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by
reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.  Thank you.  Aetna