Re: S2M , Nicolas gabriel -> Need information to use make on a Win32 pla

From: Mike Gibson
Subject: Re: S2M , Nicolas gabriel -> Need information to use make on a Win32 plateform.
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:04:11 -0700

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:35:04 +0100, Gabriel NICOLAS
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
>

>     I have worked with the GNU make utility during a while on a linux system
> and I would like to use it now on a Win32 OS.
>
>     I have found in some web site that I need to make the executable of make
> from sources on this plateform.
>     Is there some details to know on how doing this without getting nervous
> ( We should use Visual C++ to do this) ?
>     Is there a web site where I can find these informations ( on those of
> Cygwin it is not described) ?
>     Is there a web site where I can find a packadge that can directly
> install it on this plateform ?

If you're going to be using make for building from something other
than cygwin, I wouldn't suggest cygwin.  It simply doesn't support the
windows OS very well when trying to use make.  I would suggest going
to the MINGW project.  They have a copy of make that doesn't require a
DLL or other such difficulty.

http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml

Mike Gibson