Re: CMD.EXE support

From: David Baird
Subject: Re: CMD.EXE support
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:13:55 +0200

Eli wrote:
> As always with free software, volunteers are welcome.

I've thought about this for some time. Free software does rely on
volunteers for support. On the other hand, GNU Make has become a
mission critical tool at many companies. Other open source tools have
found sponsors for supporting porting efforts to specific platforms,
like Windows, Linux and Solaris. ActiveState is one that comes to mind
which managed to unify three distinct versions of Perl for Windows
into one port. I wonder if there is any money in supporting GNU Make,
or any interest on in the GNU community to find commercial support for
GNU Make.

-David