Re: DOS gnu Make automatic variable / implicit rule question

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: DOS gnu Make automatic variable / implicit rule question
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:49:04 -0500

%% "Klett, Michael" <address@hidden> writes:

  km> %.out : %.in
  km>   ./fubar $%

I'm not sure where $% came from; there is no such automatic variable.  I
think you want $*, which is set to the stem of the target.

  km> Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.  Also, for my
  km> own future reference, is there an e-mail archive somewhere that I
  km> could search?

Sure, a number of them.  Try Googleing for "make-w32 archive" or
similar.

You can also find one of them linked off of the info page for this
list.

  km> I doubt I'm the first person to look for this information and I
  km> really hate bugging everyone.

In this case, the best way to avoid that would have been to check the
manual :-).  It's available online and also comes with GNU make itself.
You can also buy hardcopies direct from the FSF (best way to support
them) or from various tech bookstores, etc.

Cheers!