Re: SHELL

From: Ashley Holland
Subject: Re: SHELL
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 21:37:37 +0200

Thanks for your replies.

> > Do you have an sh installed?
>
> He most certainly does, as this part of the OP's sessions shows:

My installation of Mingw did not have a sh.exe and the echo command
was working. It was only when I used a different machine that did have
sh.exe that I found the problem. I subsequently found a copy of sh.exe
from cygwin which I copied into C:/mingw/bin, but I didn't do anything
else to install it.

I have now installed mySys and changed all my \  to / and all seems to
work now using the sh.exe from mySys. Is this a good solution?

Thanks,

Ashley