Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:56:53 +0000

On 10:39:15 am 2005-06-30 "Earnie Boyd" <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 4:36:54 am 2005-06-30 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >   Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:37:06 +0000
> > >   From: "Earnie Boyd" <address@hidden>
> > >   Cc: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
> > >
> > >   Could we use ``sh -c 'pwd -W''' for the mingw32 target?
> >
> >  What is this -W option to pwd?  None of the varieties of pwd I have
> >  supports it: neither the one from Coreutils, nor the Bash or zsh
> >  built-ins.
>
> The -W is a MSYS specific hack to bash builtin pwd to display the
> windows path and will only work with build environment of mingw32.

Ok, modifying run_make_tests.pl to add the -W switch brings us to 38 failed
tests in 18 categories.  I'll send Paul the tests/work result.

Paul, don't worry for this release to modify the test scripts.  I'll create
a mingwPORT package that will patch them for mingw.  Let's do try to get
through the other failures, though.

Thanks,
Earnie