Re: win32 MSVC singal testing cmd.exe works MSYS does not

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: win32 MSVC singal testing cmd.exe works MSYS does not
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:18:50 +0000

On 11:31:49 pm 2005-08-28 "J. Grant" <address@hidden> wrote:

> C:\msys\1.0\home\now3d>make -fmakefile_sig.mak
> main
> counting:
> (I press ctrl+c)
> make: *** [temp1] Interrupt
>
> C:\msys\1.0\home\now3d>
>
> Under MSYS ctrl+c still kills make.exe, leaving MSYS (rxvt.exe +
> sh.exe) running with main.exe (my test program).  When main.exe
> finishes the output appears on the MSYS rxvt terminal.
>
> I wonder if Earnie knows if this is a problem with MSYS?

I don't advocate executing the native version of make under MSYS.  The
signalling between the two runtimes gets confused.  This may be able to be
patched, though, so open a bug at the link below.  Oh and test without
RXVT; this could be the bug in the pty emulation code which is known for
issues with native stdio and for which no one, not even Cygwin, has found
an answer to.

Earnie

--
       MinGW - http://www.mingw.org/