Re: Problem with archive(member) wen using MSVC lib

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Problem with archive(member) wen using MSVC lib
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:20:01 +0200

> Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:38:16 +0530
> From: Laiju Mathew <address@hidden>
>
> In my Makefile , I have a target like this
>
> archive(member) : %.c
> <commands to compile and archive>
>
> When the object file has been archived into the library using "lib.exe" of
> MSVC 6.0, this target is executed even if the time stamp of the C file is
> earlier
> than the archive file [.lib]. When I use "ar" of MKS-NT to archive the
> object file, I do not face this problem.

I see some code in arscan.c that is supposed to support Microsoft .lib
style object libraries.  Can you step into it with a debugger and see
what's failing there and why?

If you cannot debug this yourself, please post a message with a short
.lib library in an attachment, and I will try to look into this when I
have time.