Re: make 3.81rc1 / MSYS

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make 3.81rc1 / MSYS
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:58:08 +0200

> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:30:34 -0500
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>    Xavier Marichal <address@hidden>,
>    <address@hidden>
> From: "Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden>
>
> Hi guys; can we get this worked out ASAP?

I'm trying.  But my free time is very limited, and the fact that I'm
trying to fix code that only compiles on a system I don't have and
cannot test, doesn't help.

Let's see if my today's try closes the issue.

Or, if you prefer, you could simply remove all my attempts to fix this
and leave the MSYS build unsupported.  Earnie says that's the RT to do
anyway.  It's your call.

> I really don't want to ship another version that is DOA on
> Windows...

It isn't DOA, at least not in native Windows builds.  Only the MSYS
(and possibly Cygwin) builds will suffer if they try to build with
HAVE_DOS_PATHS defined.