Re: Fix for HAVE_DOS_PATHS build on cygwin

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fix for HAVE_DOS_PATHS build on cygwin
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 05:11:14 -0400

> Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:15:41 -0400
> From: Earnie Boyd <address@hidden>
>
> For the Cygwin variant which isn't currently using HAVE_DOS_PATHS users
> may indeed want the option to build their version configured
> --without-dos-paths.  Why release a version of software where users
> might complain so that you can then fix it?

I believe you are wrong in assuming that Cygwin users are not familiar
with this mode of operation.  This whole thread is a result of
_dropping_ support for drive letters from the Cygwin version of Make
3.81, which caused complaints on the Cygwin list.  So, up and
including v3.80, Cygwin users were using such a support as part of
Make, even though HAVE_DOS_PATHS was not compiled (instead, a
Cygwin-specific patch was maintained to provide that support).

Chris, am I missing something?