Don't see any output to stdout from commands

From: Nicholas Duane
Subject: Don't see any output to stdout from commands
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 07:55:15 -0400

Resending after joining. I was not a member and I think the mail was getting discarded.

I've just started using GNU make on my Windows machine. Previously I was using nmake. The one problem I noticed thus far is that I don't see any output from the commands. For the most part all the commands are the same, namely I run devenv.exe to compile a VS.NET project file. Under nmake the output to stdout from devenv displayed in the console window I ran nmake from. However since I switched to GNU make I don't see any output to stdout. Am I doing something wrong or is this the expected behavior? By the way, it does correctly build everything, I just don't see any progress besides make echoing the command.

By the way, I'm running the exe I found in make-3.81\WinRel.

Thanks,
Nick

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day trial! http://www.windowsonecare.com/trial.aspx?sc_cid=msn_hotmail