Re: Possible bug with 3.81?

From: Chris Sutcliffe
Subject: Re: Possible bug with 3.81?
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:39:13 -0400

And let us know which build you're using.  Does it contain the patches
found in the archives of this list?  Is it native, Cygwin, or MSYS
dependent runtimes?  If native are you using it within the Cygwin or
MSYS shells?

I initially discovered the issue when attempting to compile w32api
using Cygwin.  For this I was using the make distributed with Cygwin
(currently version 3.81).  After discovering the issue I tried the
version of make which is currently part of MinGW (version 3.81) and I
verified that issue also existed there.

I've included my original test case with the Makefile converted for
MinGW.  This demonstrates the issue using mingw32-make, in that the
object file is not built in to the import library.  However, if you
use the make supplied with MSYS (version 3.79.1), everything works as
expected and the object file is build in to the import library.

Please let me know if you require any additional information.

Thanx!

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe