Re: Switching from CVS to GIT

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: Switching from CVS to GIT
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:02:54 +0200

On Oct 15, 2007, at 10:34 AM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

No, you need to think in abstractions rather than POSIX-isms, and then
let each platform implement those abstractions as appropriate.

Last time I checked, POSIX was already an abstraction, thankyouverymuch.

But as Eli pointed out, it's not universal, so you need higher abstractions on top of them.

Anyway, this discussion gets out of hand.

Not at all, actually I think some interesting points were made, including on the technical side of the thing.

--
Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory