Re: VPATH of the form C:/foo

From: Philmart
Subject: Re: VPATH of the form C:/foo
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:30:03 -0800 (PST)

Christopher Faylor-27 wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 11:36:45PM +0100, Benoit Sigoure wrote:
> This does raise the question of why you'd be using a cygwin version of
> make if you need to use colon paths.

When using eclipse with CDT plugin and the "Cygwin GCC toolchain" on a MS
Windows workstation, the problem occurs.
CDT does not understand POSIX pathes in the include directories list.
"g++ -M" commands generates dependencies makefiles according to the include
path given by CDT.
Finally, make fails with "multiple target patterns" error.

eclipse could understand cygwin like pathes, but I agree with Benoit to
consider this as a bug of make Windows port. It should support as well as
possible Windows path format.

Thanks for your help Christopher.
pm