Re: How to pass a group of COMPILER OPTIONS using GNU Make Command Line

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: How to pass a group of COMPILER OPTIONS using GNU Make Command Line under WINDOWS
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 22:13:04 -0400

Hi Parha; please choose just one mailing list.  If you think the problem
is mostly generic make, help-make is better.  If the problem is clearly
Windows specific, use make-w32.

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 02:04 +0000, Partha None wrote:

>         ALL:
>    cd DBC_Boot_Build && $(MAKE)  BYPASS_ANCGEN=$(BYPASS_ANCGEN)
> MAKEBENCH=$(MAKEBENCH)
> COMPILE_OPTIONS_FROM_MAKE='$(COMPILE_OPTIONS_FROM_MAKE)' -f
> TestDBCGNUBootMake $(MAKEFLAGS)

It would be helpful if you provided a simpler test case.

However, my first note is that you should absolutely NOT put
$(MAKEFLAGS) on the command line.

Using the variable $(MAKE) in your rule is enough.  All the command line
flags are transmitted to sub-makes through a special method make uses,
which ensures proper quoting etc.  Trying to do it yourself, as you're
doing here, is almost certainly doomed to fail.

Try removing that and see if that works.