RE: archiving error [make (e=87): The parameter is incorrect.]

From: John Lee \(GMI\)
Subject: RE: archiving error [make (e=87): The parameter is incorrect.]
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 05:07:20 +0800

(1)
I have shorten the *.o file to 1071 files, which works ok,
But @ 1072 *.o files, the archiving will fail.
Total character count for this *.o arguments is 33085.

(2)
The make version used is GNU Make 3.81, program built for i686-pc-mingw32

(3)
I used cygwin for windows, and the archive process is like following.
Process begin: CreateProcess(C:\STM\ST40R5.0.0\bin\sh4ar.exe,
C:/STM/ST40R5.0.0/bin/sh4ar -rcs bin/libmylib.a < ... *.o >
The <... *.o> is a list of object files.