Re: gnuwin32 - make 3.82 availability

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gnuwin32 - make 3.82 availability
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:47:11 +0200

> Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 01:28:52 -0800 (PST)
> From: Rupali Joshi <address@hidden>
>
> I am looking for the newer version of make (3.82) for windows and I am hoping
> it might be available in the next release of gnuwin32 utilities. The latest
> gnuwin32 still has "make 3.81"
>

> Could you please let me know the timeline when newer version of gnuwin32 will
> be available?

This is not the right place to ask about the status of the GnuWin32
project, because no one here is doing that.  (My personal impression
is that GnuWin32 is dead: no updates to any package since 2 years
ago.)

You can find the latest Make binary on the MinGW site, though.  It is
also easy to build Make yourself, if you have a working C compiler.