man-db-devel

Re: I'd like to contribute, where should I start?

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: I'd like to contribute, where should I start?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 12:58:51 +0000

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 02:45:57AM -0800, Austin Traver wrote:
> My name is Austin, I'm a computer science student in the US, currently
> working on my graduate degree in computer science. I use manpages on a
> daily basis, and I think it's time to contribute some help to the
> folks that built the tool that helped me so many times in my classes.
>
> Can you direct me to a good resource to teach "first time
> contributors" where to get started?

Are you interested in working on the content of manual pages, or on the
tool itself?  (People often get this confused; man-db isn't responsible
for the content.)

If the tool itself, I'm afraid I don't have a first-time-contributors
document, though I'm happy to try to orient people.  Is there something
in particular you're interested in improving?

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson@debian.org]