Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Implementing bbox limitation

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Implementing bbox limitation
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:09:00 +0200

Le Mon, 7 Sep 2009 21:34:09 +0200,
Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I started thinking about implementing the bbox limitation. I think the
> best way is to ask PostGIS what is the size of the area, and put a
> limit on the area size (and not a limit in degrees in one direction or
> another).

Here is a patch that uses the spheric_sizes() method of
ocitysmap.coords.BoundingBox to limit the size of the bounding box.
Simple and efficient, for sure. The only drawback is that now,
ocitysmap is required for the Web front-end (previously, only the
maposmaticd daemon was using it).

What do you think about it ?

Thomas
--