[Maposmatic-dev] Change in map caching policy

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Change in map caching policy
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 23:16:12 +0100

Hello,

As we expect soon to be able to update the OSM data behing
MapOSMatic.org, I've committed tonight a patch that changes the map
caching policy.

Today, when a map of the same administrative city is already rendered,
we just redirect the user to this rendering. With my change, this
redirection only occurs if the rendering has been done less than 24
hours ago. In addition to that, when a redirection is made, an info box
is displayed so that the user is notified of what's happening.

This change is not yet on the production maposmatic.org website. It'll
be put in production together with the switch to an updated OSM
database.

Cheers,

Thomas
--