Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: [cairo] Cairo & libpng/zlib parameters

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: [cairo] Cairo & libpng/zlib parameters
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:10:42 +0100

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 15:00, David MENTRE <address@hidden> wrote:
> I can't say if for those jobs Cairo is the bottleneck, let me know. Let
> me know also if you need more information.

Chris,

Bear in mind that these times include postgis querying and some
additional set up. You could time more accurately as far as
mapnik/cairo is concerned by limiting yourself to the time spent in
ocitysmap/street_index.py:def _render_map_into_files

More specifically the timestamps between these messages:
LOG.debug('rendering from %s to %s.%s...' % (osm_map_file,
                                                   out_prefix,
                                                   out_formats))

LOG.debug('saving %s.%s...' % (out_prefix, fmt))

The emitted log messages are not currently timestamped, but that can
be arranged. I think it's a good idea for us to add that anyway so we
can track down improvements and regressions better on our end as well.

Regards,
Jeroen.

--
"That's like saying that a squirrel is 48% juicier than an orange -
maybe it's true, but anybody who puts the two in a blender to compare