Re: [Maposmatic-dev] MapOSMatic daemon rewrite

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] MapOSMatic daemon rewrite
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 22:26:07 +0100

Hi,

* Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden> [2010-02-04 22:18:59]:

> A few remarks though:
>
>  * The file cleanup mechanism should have been in a separate branch,
>    because it's a separate issue. The file cleanup work needs to be
>    quickly sorted out and deployed on the prod server, while the daemon
>    rewrite is not as urgent and needs more testing at the dev.m.o level.
>
>  * Your patch set is not easily reviewable because some patches changes
>    choices made in previous patches. For example, patch 5/9 is really
>    strange. Why haven't you done this in 2/9 from the beginning ? More
>    or less the same for 6/9 and 7/9.
>
>  * I find the thing a little bit too complicated: we don't need several
>    scheduling policies, and I don't like having code that does not do
>    anything (the ProcessingMapOSMaticDaemon and
>    SubprocessMapOSMaticDaemon classes, see the
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_ain%27t_gonna_need_it principle).
>    However, these issues are fixable afterwards.

These are all valid points. Let me rework my branch tomorrow, and I'll
submit two patch series, one for the file cleanup, and a second one for
the daemon rewrite.

I'll leave the week-end for eventual last minute review/comments, and
we'll merge+deploy this when we get back from FOSDEM.

- Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''