[Maposmatic-dev] Re: [OSM-talk] Traducció n de MapOSMatic

From: Julio Costa Zambelli
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Re: [OSM-talk] Traducció n de MapOSMatic
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:07:48 -0300

Send me any phrase or word that gives you problems. I will answer you with the translation.

Cheers,

Julio Costa

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Turismo Aonikenk Ltda. - Sebastian Borgwardt <address@hidden> wrote:
=es:=
Para la gente que no habla ingles: Disculpa! ... solo hablamos de las avances de la traducción y como seguir hacerlo.

=en:=
Awesome! Thanks! I just finished the easy stuff from line 33 - 152... all the tech stuff is not priority, I now see what you ment earlier - you're right! ;-) For now, usability should be the goal.

Just send me what you got (already received)/ can get and I'll include that, check if necessary and send it all together to our friends at MapOSMatic.

Maybe Julio Costa (or anybody else!) can help with the longer, more complicated sentences later, as he offered through the mailing list just a moment ago. My problem always seems to be _proper somewhat interational_ Spanish. I can bla-bla with the people on the streets, but writing _real stuff_... ;-) So, yes, "just" the easy stuff is more than fine! Thanks again!

I'm using www.leo.org a lot: German-English, German-Spanish, German-French, German-Italian and German-Chinese - and most of the time have to play a little cross language translations stuff until I find what I need. They also have a very active forum.

So far...

Sebastian

Jean-Guilhem Cailton schrieb:
Here is my translation for pages all_jobs, all_maps and base.

I started using poedit, and apparently it propagates common words to other sections as well.

Also, it looks like it reorganized a bit, apparently for repeated words.

I hope its ok.

Also, I have found Google translator to be quite useful. I think they statistically map phrases from a language to another.

Do you have a link to a good dictionnary ? (http://www.wordreference.com/es/ is not that useful to me).

Still I have more trouble with long sentences, for lack of practice probably. I feel I can go much more quickly for short phrases. Would it be useful for you, if I just went over them. (Sorry to propose to take the easy part :s)

Having lived in Chile for 10 years looks pretty close to native from my remote point of view.

Jean-Guilhem

Turismo Aonikenk Ltda. - Sebastian Borgwardt a écrit :
Jean-Guilhem,

I'm German myself, so Spanish isn't my 1st language either, but I've been living in Chile for the last 10 years, so that should do for most of it.

I haven't looked through the whole file and was simply thinking about somehow splitting up - either way is fine with me.

Send me all you can get, I'll look it through and then ask a native speaker to double check.

So far...

Chears,

Sebastian

Jean-Guilhem Cailton schrieb:
Ok Sebastian (since you speak English, it's a bit easier for me)

Line 200 falls in the "about" page, which does not seem first priority to me (and also, difficult for me).

So I'll start after this, from line 461 to 573 (all_jobs, all_maps, and base pages)

I am not a native Spanish speaker, so I'll ask you to review my translation.

Thus I'll send them to you when done with this part.

Best,

Jean-Guilhem

Turismo Aonikenk Ltda. - Sebastian Borgwardt a écrit :
Hola Jean-Guilhem,

Incluyo la correspondencia con Maxime Petazzoni de MapOSMatic abajo.

Siga las instrucciones en:
http://wiki.maposmatic.org/doku.php?id=dev:i18n:how_to_translate_maposmatic

Hasta ahora he traducido todo en el archivo ocitysmap.pot para el generador de mapas e índice. Esto era la parte facil. :-)

Falta:
django.po

Sugerencia vamos en bloques de 200 lineas cada uno. Yo coimienzo de 1 a 200.

Saludos,

Sebastian

Hi,

* Turismo Aonikenk Ltda. - Sebastian Borgwardt <address@hidden> [2010-03-01 01:32:42]:

> > I would like to ask, if there is any possibility to translate your
> > project to Spanish, so we can give the people down here access to
> > maps generated by your project?

Yes, of course. As you can see, MapOSMatic is already translated in a
few languages, but none of us on the team speak Spanish so we couldn't
do this translation.

We're welcoming any new translation contributions. We wrote a small
introduction document on how to translate MapOSMatic into a new
language:
http://wiki.maposmatic.org/doku.php?id=dev:i18n:how_to_translate_maposmatic

Basically, two parts need to be translated:

 * the website, so Spanish-speaking users can walk their way through it
   more easily (not necessary to render maps in Spanish though)
 * the i18n support for the map renderer for Spanish, to get maps with
   a Spanish index and annotations.

> > Any help is highly appreciated.
> > Please let me know, what you think about this.

Don't hesitate to contact us again if you have more questions. I'll do
my best to answer them, and integrate your translation into the live
website as quickly as possible.

Best regards,
- Maxime
-- Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org> ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.'' Linux kernel and software developer at MontaVista Software

Turismo Aonikenk Ltda. - Sebastian Borgwardt schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I just found your website and project through:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2010_Chile_earthquake/Maps_and_data#Renderers
>

> As you might have heard, Chile was hit by a very strong earthquake on
> Feb. 27, 2010.
>
> I'm writing you from Punta Arenas, Chile. That's in the very South of
> the country, which is not effected by the Feb. 27, 2010 earthquake. I'm
> involved in OSM for just a short time, but due to the earthquake now
> want to help as much as I can.
>
> I believe there is a big need for maps now and in the upcoming days,
> weeks and months.
>
> The OSM community in Chile is relatively small compared to activities in
> Europe for example.
>
> Most of the people down here speak Spanish only.
>
> I would like to ask, if there is any possibility to translate your
> project to Spanish, so we can give the people down here access to maps
> generated by your project?
>
> I can translate myself. I speak Spanish, English and German. Maybe you
> Català community can help, too. Most, if not all of them speak Spanish,
> too, I'd like to say.
>
> As for now, most data about the affected areas is very poor, but in the
> next days, we're looking forward to a lot of improvement.
>
> Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> Please let me know, what you think about this.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Sebastian

Jean-Guilhem Cailton schrieb:
Hola Sebastian,

Puedo ayudarvos o ellos para traducir ?

How can I help for translation ?

Comment pourrais-je aider pour traduire ?

Saludos / Regards / Salutations

Jean-Guilhem
Toulouse
France

PS : Me parece que hay lugares donde los datos ya son buenos, no ?

Turismo Aonikenk Ltda. - Sebastian Borgwardt a écrit :
Hola,

Mientras que estamos esperado imágenes satelitales he contactado los amigos de MapOSMatic (www.maposmatic.org) para ver si podemos ofrecer su servicio en español. Ellos están muy interesado en ayudar pero no tienen traductores. Estoy comenzando a traducir esto. A lo mejor no es de primer importancia pero puede ser útil para la gente en las regiones afectadas que no tienen acceso a internet una vez que hemos mejorado los datos. Todavía hay mucha gente sin orientación ahí!

Saludos,

Sebastian