Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with map rendering

From: David Decotigny
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with map rendering
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:36:40 +0200

Hello,

Looks like there is something weird with the contents of your GIS db.
For example, on the maposmatic server, we have:
http://demo.ovh.com/view/6bcdc05300f62fc86e3544f029fab11a/0
http://maposmatic.org/jobs/13404
We can see for example that your "zone de loisir" is known as "etang"
for us, that you have a "zone commerciale" and we don't (... which is in
favor of your version, btw), we have a "calvaire" and you don't, etc.

Where does your data come from ? For us, we're taking them from planet
update 20100426-20100427.osc.gz. This is most probably totally out of
the question for you to use this planet dump, so I guess you're using a
France snapshot from geofabrik... could it be that this one is out-of-date ?

BTW, maposmatic folks, did you see that maposmatic is "image du mois"
onhttp://www.openstreetmap.fr/ ?

PS: just for the sake of pure curiosity: would it be posssible for you
to give us a few details on your project ? For which school ?

Best regards,