Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with map rendering

From: Julie Soulas
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with map rendering
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 09:35:26 +0200

Hi,
On the web interface, the OpenLayers JavaScript instance is fetching the
tiles from official OSM tileservers ; they should actually have nothing
to do with your local postgresql database and/or mapnik setup.
Then how do I have them appeared in the card I generate ?

Nothing into the Postgresql logs (/var/log/postgresql/) ? what about
right permissions on the database / tables ? How did you generate your
mapnik stylesheet ?
I followed the installation guide here : http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/tree/INSTALL
The part concerning rendering is the point 10 Install Mapnik-osm (line 176).

Is your pgsql fully populated ?
Indeed, seems like some tables are missing. I don't have
   - django_session,
   - map_areas,
   - maposmatic_maprenderingjob,
   - maposmatic_maprenderingjob_id_seq,
   - planet_osm_nodes,
   - planet_osm_rels,
   - planet_osm_ways.

I am especially concerned about the 3 last tables, because I have the other four tables named planet_osm_(something), and I guess they were created at the same moment (while importing the OSM data). But I don't remember having met with any difficulty during this step of the installation.
On my db, I got these tables :

maposmatic=# \d
                         Liste des relations
Schéma | Nom | Type | Propriétaire --------+-----------------------------------+----------+--------------
 public | cities_area_by_name               | vue      | maposmatic
 public | cities_area_by_osmid              | vue      | maposmatic
 public | django_session                    | table    | maposmatic
 public | geometry_columns                  | table    | maposmatic
 public | map_areas                         | table    | maposmatic
 public | maposmatic_maprenderingjob        | table    | maposmatic
 public | maposmatic_maprenderingjob_id_seq | séquence | maposmatic
 public | planet_osm_line                   | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_nodes                  | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_point                  | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_polygon                | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_rels                   | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_roads                  | table    | postgres
 public | planet_osm_ways                   | table    | postgres
 public | spatial_ref_sys                   | table    | maposmatic
(15 lignes)

Without more information on your current setup, it would be hard to
debug ;

Regards,

Regards,

--