Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Import Error No module named ocitysmaps.coords

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Import Error No module named ocitysmaps.coords
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:12:59 +0200

Hi Kate,

* Kate Chapman <address@hidden> [2010-08-22 22:05:03]:

> I'm trying to set-up my own instance of MapOSMatic.  We are setting up
> a local instance in Haiti to facilitate map printing of informal
> settlements and camps down here.  I followed the instructions (I'm
> using Ubuntu 10.04)  The issue I've run into is it doesn't seem to be
> finding a library in ocitysmap.  (See the error below).
>
> Sorry if this is just a python newbie question.  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

This is usually because the PYTHONPATH does not contain the path to the
OCitySMap python module.

If you are running MapOSMatic with an Apache web server (with mod_wsgi)
you have to set the path to OCitySMap in the .wsgi file. You'll find a
template in mapomsatic/www/maposmatic.wsgi-template.

If you are running MapOSMatic simply with Django's interval web server
(normally only used for development), you have to set the PYTHONPATH on
the command line:

  PYTHONPATH=/path/to/ocitysmap/repository/clone python manage.py runserver

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate if you have further questions or if you
have trouble setting this up.

Regards,
- Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''