[Maposmatic-dev] [patch] bounding box selection on Mac

From: Sebastien Tanguy
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] [patch] bounding box selection on Mac
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 10:49:43 +0100

Hello,

Yesterday, during David's talk, there was a discussion about the
support of Mac-based browsers for the selection of a bounding box, so
here I go.

It turns out that Ctrl+click is indeed used system-wide to simulate
the right click (even if possible by other means). One solution would
be to do some platform detection and use another key combo if running
some Mac (in this case, Alt+click). My proposed patch (against the
stable branch) is attached.

This is not the most efficient way to do so, but it worked ok on most
browsers I had at hand (Firefox/Safari/Chrome) and there are still
some glitches with Opera (which, weird as it is almost worked
originally because it automagically mapped Ctrl to Cmd).

It would require updating the documentation, but as I didn't have a
proper working environment and I'm not familiar with i18n on django, I
left it as is for the moment.

Regards,
Sebastien.