Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Localize for Japanese

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Localize for Japanese
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 08:14:43 +0200

Konbanwa Higashi-san,

2011/4/1 S.Higashi <address@hidden>:
> So I read "How to translate MapOSMatic in your language" and
> translated message catalogs as attached.

Thank you.

By the way, you had some minor issue with file names.

For Maxime :
  Higashi-san's maposmatic.git -> ocitysmap2.po
  Higashi-san's ocitysmap.pot -> maposmatic.po

> Then what should I do?

Regarding above translation, nothing. Our project integrator will
integrate your submission.

> I can't write python code.

It depends. How are organised Japanese street names?

a) Is it something like:
  "street somename"
  "road somename"

b) Or like:
  "somename street"
  "somename road"

In case b), you don't need to do anything. The index will be correct,
street names in their correct position.

In case a), you would need to give us those street prefixes ("road",
"street", ...) so we could write needed Python code to improve the

Maybe we can wait for Maxime to integrate your first translations.
>From generated maps we will decide if we need to make some additional
changes or not.

> Japanese locale
> 'ja_JP.UTF-8'