Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [OSM-talk] [HOT] Fw: Disaster Preparedness Project

From: Samuel Mandell
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [OSM-talk] [HOT] Fw: Disaster Preparedness Project
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 00:14:15 -0700

This is close. The only paper size option I get is "Best fit" which in this case is (64 x 127.1 cm2) which is pretty big. What the project needs is being able to select a page size like A4 or A6 (or just decide on one) and then divide the map into chunks of that size. The other part is having the index be on separate pages. This increases the complexity in two ways:
  1. You have to now lay out the map on A4 sized chunks and then split them up. This will mean that you'll get a little extra of the map than you need
  2. The index will need a new dimension which is the page. So the index of a street would be page, x-axis, y-axis
-Samuel

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:59 PM, David MENTRE <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

2011/6/10 Samuel Mandell <address@hidden>:
> MapOSMatic has most of this functionality, it just needs to be tweaked to
> allow the user to specify a page size. Can someone from the MapOSMatic team
> comment on whether anything like this is in the works?

The dev version of MapOSMatic provides selection of paper size:
 http://dev.maposmatic.org/new/

Does it suites your needs?

Best regards,
d.