[Maposmatic-dev] Finding number of opened file descriptor

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Finding number of opened file descriptor
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:01:50 +0200

Hello,

As input to our file descriptor leak hunter game, one can track:
  * Number of available per process file descriptors through /proc/<pid>/limits;

  * Number of used per process  file descriptors through /proc/<pid>/fd/.

Source:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1356675/check-the-open-fd-limit-for-a-given-process-in-linux

By repeatedly printing "ls /proc/<pid>/fd/ | wc -l" on the processes
we are using, we might find the leak source.

>From a quick search, the number of file descriptor is limited *per
process*. So we should focus our search on processes living for a long
time (daemon? python module used by Django?).

Best regards,
david