Re: [Maposmatic-dev] slovak translation (ocitysmap.po)

From: Jozef Riha
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] slovak translation (ocitysmap.po)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 17:55:11 +0200

hello thomas,

thanks for uploading my translation.

 (*) Since your submission one year ago, the translation strings have
    changed quite a bit. I have updated the slovakian .po file. Can
    you update the translation? See

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/tree/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/ocitysmap.po.

please see the attachment.

 (*) Do the street names in Slovakian require some special handling in
    order to be properly sorted in a street index? I.e, do the street
    names look like "Foobar Street" or "Street of Foobar" ?

there's special handling of street names containing multiple words.
you want to have street titled "Jana Amosa Komenskeho" filed under
K(omenskeho), not J(ana). i think we can start with a rule that says:
for multiword names - if last word is capitalized - use last word for
sorting, otherwise use first word
ignore above rule for names starting "Cesta pri", "Cesta na",
"Nábrežie", "Nad" (word), "Pod" (word), "Námestie", "Nám." (abbrev. of
Namestie), "Park", "Trieda", "Do" (word), "Na" (word), "Doln[ýáé]"
(regex), "Horn[ýáé]" (regex), "K" (word), "Ku" (word), "Mal[ýáé]"
(regex), "Dlh[ýáé]" (regex), "Za" (word), "Cyrila a Metoda" (always
file under Cyrila), ordinal numerals - both arabic and roman (such as
incorrectly named "1. Maja" or "Zaluzie II."). it may require some
tweaking but i think we could use this as a starting point.

 (*) Would you be interested in doing the translation for the
    MapOSMatic website itself?

no, thank you.