Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Translating large text blocks and transifex

From: Guttorm Flatabø
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Translating large text blocks and transifex
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 22:19:52 +0100

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Hakan Tandogan <address@hidden> wrote:
One little downside I observed with transifex is that it removes all translations for which there are no source text (anymore). Meaning, if we have a large block of text in maposmatic/about.html or maposmatic/donate.html, even little changes in the source cause the translation at transifex to vanish.

I forgot to mention that tiny changes, such as punctuation or changing a URL, changes that don't need translation or are too unimportant to bother the translators, should be handled by the developers manually. Instead of generating new .po-files for every language you use search and replace to replace the source string in all the translations before pushing to Transifex. See stackoverflow.

--
Guttorm