Re: [Maposmatic-dev] maposmatic.org unreachable ?

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] maposmatic.org unreachable ?
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:45:01 -0700

* David MENTRE <address@hidden> [2013-04-04 14:02:32]:

> Isn't postgresql vacuum process supposed to do that? Do we need a
> cleanup process at application level?

Vacuum takes an exclusive lock on the database and takes (interestingly)
longer than doing a full planet import.

> Doing an import on a regular basis is not sustainable.

The import is actually pretty quick on SSD. But yeah, it's a bit
annoying. I was actually wondering if we should simply do a full import
every day and swap (with minutely updates in between).

/Max
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''