[Maposmatic-dev] Put source repository on github to attract developers?

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Put source repository on github to attract developers?
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:01:43 -0000

Hi guys,

Just another wild idea: The current code resides on savannah.nongnu.org.
While I understand the intellectual freedom aspects of hosting there,
github is the current leader of the pack in terms of tool support and
developer mindshare.

I think we could attract more help, be it developers, be it supporters, if
we had visibility on github as well.

So, what do you guys think about moving the source repository there?
Thanks to git, it should be only a simple push operation :-) For the time
being, we could keep a mirror there, and if the change is worth the
changeover efforts, retire the nongnu repository.

If and when we decide to go this route, then something would have to be
done with the existing issues in the tracker.

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...