[Maposmatic-dev] How to develop with translations on Transifex?

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] How to develop with translations on Transifex?
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:49:16 -0700

Hi all,

Now that our translations are managed by Transifex (great tool by the
way, they fixed the bug I was hitting last time I tried it), I'm curious
as to what the process exactly looks like.

I just made a change that will make a new string translatable. What
should I do now? If I run manage.py makemessages it will regenerate all
the .po files. Should I do that? How do I then upload that to Transifex?

I see the wiki has been updated with how to *translate*, but for us
developers I'm still unclear. Can someone drive me through the process?

So far I've only pushed the change that makes this new string, but
nothing that touches translation files.

Thanks,
/Max
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''