Re: [GMG-Devel] Help extract documentation from my brain

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Help extract documentation from my brain
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 20:46:59 -0500

Some more, now on the config system...

                            Config system
                            =============

You might notice that MediaGoblin has two configuration files... one
is paste.ini and one is mediagoblin.ini.  This is only sort of true,
paste.ini is only really used to set up the application to be run by
Paste Deploy.  Anyway, the focus of this section is on the
mediagoblin.ini file.

In short: it uses [ConfigObj].  There are a few particular features
about this...

 - We can set defaults and specify types in the file
   mediagoblin/config_spec.ini
 - It *is* possible to add custom validators / types.  See the
   ConfigObj and the [Validator] documentation.
 - you'll notice that there's a whole section in here that's celery
   related... we can configure celery from the config file.

   [ConfigObj]: http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html
   [Validator]:
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/validate.html#adding-functions