Re: [GMG-Devel] [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo

From: Thorsten Wilms
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:17:59 +0200

On 07/28/2011 12:08 AM, Jef van Schendel wrote:

I definitely agree with this, I love the type. From what I read in the
post, I assume you made it yourself (or at least heavily customized
it)? Not completely sure about the tail on the G, the end of it feels
like it's a little too close to the rest of the letter. But I like how
the overall look is cute, friendly and inviting, without looking like
it was made for a kid's birthday party. It's recognizable, but not too
silly. (And hey, as Thorsten pointed out, maybe a logotype alone will
suffice, who knows...)

The type is build from scratch. The tail of the "g" definitively deserves some more attention (followed by "e" and "a", characters I deem very tricky. Good thing there is no "s" in it :).

It would be good to select a font for continuous text, harmonious with the custom type, which could be tweaked to improve the match, while keeping it unique.

The font should have bold and italic styles. Have a look at
http://www.google.com/webfonts#ReviewPlace:refine/Collection:Istok+Web|Lato|Open+Sans|Cabin|Arimo

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: