Re: [GMG-Devel] [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo

From: Jef van Schendel
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:05:22 +0200

2011/8/19 Thorsten Wilms <address@hidden>:
> The only reason against Lato I can think of is that I want to use it for my
> new blog (if I ever manage to launch it) and hence would like to not see it
> in too many other places ... no wait, bad ego, no cookie! :)

Ha! :)

The only other downside is that Lato doesn't have many character
sets... And by "not many" I mean "only one, really".

"The first release only includes the Western character set, but
pan-European Latin, Cyrillic and Greek extensions, as well as small
caps and other typographic niceties are expected in 2011."

Whether or not they'll really arrive in 2011, would this really be
that big of a problem? We could simply revert back to the default
sans-serifs if characters are unavailable.

Jef