[GMG-Devel] Switching from buildout->virtualenv as recommended setup

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Switching from buildout->virtualenv as recommended setup
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:21:36 -0500

Just a brief message... I was reminded by a conversation on IRC that I
forgot to mail the list about this.

We've updated the HackingHowto to recommend doing an in-package install
of virtualenv instead of using buildout:

http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/HackingHowto

If you're using an old buildout checkout, it's seriously very easy to
upgrade.  Try this:

http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Moving_from_buildout_to_virtualenv

Have any trouble?  Please hop on IRC and let us know!

 - Chris

PS: If you're subscribed to the list-only you might be thinking that not
much has been happening in MediaGoblin lately... that's actually very
untrue, it's just a lot more visible on IRC!  We have a 0.1.0 release
coming out in a few days and a webside redesign launch too... and video
support is already in the works by Joar Wandborg.  The mailing list
might be quiet, but the project hasn't been... more soon! :)