Re: [GMG-Devel] Dependency change that might cause a little headache.

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Dependency change that might cause a little headache.
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 13:44:10 -0500

Also, this is a bit more complex than I had hoped.  It turns out that
the latest version of Kombu is broken for sqlalchemy support.
Developers say that a new version is coming out shortly.

In the meanwhile, you can do one of two things:

 - Update mediagoblin git and install the git version of kombu.  Easier
   than you probably think, but maybe hard to revert this decision
   later.  (I can help you on IRC if you like though.)  Running the
   following command can do it:

   ./bin/pip install -e git+https://github.com/ask/kombu.git#egg=kombu

   Later on after the next mediagoblin and kombu releases come out, I
   could help you set it back to running kombu out of packages if you
   like.  Just hop on IRC and ping me.

 - Sit tight.  The new release of kombu should be out soon, and so will
   the next mediagoblin release, and we'll try and make sure that they
   both work snugly together at the time of release.

(You could also go back to running kombu-sqlalchemy and the old
kombu/celery duo, but that's probably just as complex as option #1)

Sorry this has been so complex, all!

Thanks,
 - Chris