[GMG-Devel] automatically expire unused user accounts

From: will kahn-greene
Subject: [GMG-Devel] automatically expire unused user accounts
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 09:35:02 -0400

We get a lot of new user accounts every day in our wiki. I'd rather they didn't stick around if they're just being generated by spam bots.

I'm tossing around writing a script that would run via cron every night and clean up the wiki database.

For now, that would be:

* delete user accounts that haven't email confirmed in 2 weeks

I hunted around for such a thing, but didn't find anything. I did find this:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Deleteuser

I can use that to figure out how to write this script, but by itself, it doesn't solve my need.

Does anyone else know of such a Mediawiki extension/script?

/will