[GMG-Devel] Theming in MediaGoblin lands! We need themes!

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Theming in MediaGoblin lands! We need themes!
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 23:03:35 -0500

Hey all!  I'm happy to say that theming has finally landed.
There's still quite a bit more I'd like to do to make things clean, but
I've documented the basic structure:

  http://docs.mediagoblin.org/siteadmin/theming.html

I've made a small example... actually pretty much a joke... theme for
MediaGoblin, which some of you may have seen before:

  http://dustycloud.org/misc/goblincities.tar.gz

Instead of giving the instructions here on how to install the theme, I'd
be curious if people were able to follow the instructions I laid out in
the above docs.

I'd also love to see if people could start working on new themes to
prove that this all works!

In case the "Making a theme" section looks overwhelming, just skim the
top section and read the section:

  Simple theming by adding CSS

I'd be curious how far people can get theming with just CSS changes...
Also, if we need to add more classes and ids and etc to the HTML to make
theming easier, I'm happy to work on said changes!  Talk to us in
#mediagoblin on irc.freenode.net!

Happy theming!
 - Chris