[GMG-Devel] Sharing privately using Tahoe-LAFS

From: Jorge Timón
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Sharing privately using Tahoe-LAFS
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:32:42 +0100

Hi, not sure if it is an architectural proposal or feature request, anyway...

Using Wuala you can share part of your storage privately with other
users you specify.
They build trees encrypting different keys for different files. I saw
it a while ago in this conference [1]. I assumed Tahoe-LAFS had a
similar feature, but now that I'm searching I can't find it, so maybe
it's not "the free software version of wuala" I thought it was yet.

Anyway, I think that should be the base of the social media of the
future, other solutions like diaspora rely on trusting at least a
server.

Will you have private p2p sharing in mediagoblin or is this out of the
scope of the project?

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xKZ4KGkQY8

--
Jorge Timón