[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [GMG-Devel] Plugins plans

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Plugins plans
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:15:18 -0500
User-agent: mu4e; emacs

Okay, some short news on this by the way:

We now have hook_handle, hook_runall, and hook_transform.

This should cover almost all plugin needs!  I'll start putting examples
soon in the codebase.  But basically, yes, between these methods, we
could for example:

 - fetch storage interfaces via hook_handle
 - run through a series of fucntions via hook_runall or retrieve a list
   of things from plugins
 - extend existing wtforms forms via hook_transform (each one could
   subclass the main form... I might add some utilities to make this
   easier but it already works)

This should cover 95% of our needs.  The other 5% I think can be handled
by the evil metadecorator stuff... I'll start working on that next
week.  This week is going to involve a lot of code reviews because I'm
behind :)

Happy to answer questions on IRC!
 - Chris

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]