Re: [GMG-Devel] Ready

From: Laura Arjona
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Ready
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:31:19 +0200

Hi Kathy, and welcome!
My name is Laura, I'm participating in the project translating the
software to Spanish. I found the MediaGoblin community very active,
open and friendly, and the project very promising and already
powerful! see the sites already running Mediagoblin here:
http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Live_instances

Here you are some things you can do, if you didn't do it yet:

* Suscribe to the devel list (sorry for CC'ing if you already suscribed)

* Have a look at the different sub-projects for the GSoC and OPW
programs, and maybe you can already take a decision about in which one
you want to contribute (write to the list about it, or if you cannot
decide, about your thoughts):

http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/GSOC_2013

* Install the development environment of GNU MediaGoblin (you will
need to make a small contribution for your application to OPW, this
means fixing a bug or proposing an improvement, or other things).
Follow the instructions here:
http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/HackingHowto

* Read the information for OPW applicants:
https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen#For_Applicants
and begin to prepare your application.

* Join the conversation in the IRC channel
(http://mediagoblin.org/pages/join.html ) or ask there any doubt about
the GSoC and OPW projects, the installation or development
environment, or anything (I don't connect very frequently at IRC but
everytime I connect, I always find somebody there ;)

Welcome again and happy hacking!
Regards
Laura Arjona